I've written about the benefits of maca root before. Many of our customers are extremely happy with the positive effects it's had on their mood. There are many ways to add maca to your diet. If you have maca root capsules, simply open a capsule and experiment with your own maca root recipes.
Add it to:
- a smoothie of your choice
- a cup of tea
- coconut water
- coconut yogurt
- nut milk with whey protein
As a Team LLS member, I often create original and innovative recipes that incorporate our supplements.
This is an awesome all-natural recipe using paleo-approved ingredients to give you the perfect energy boost and a great way to add maca root to your diet.
Maca Root Recipe: Nutrition Energy Balls
These energy balls are perfect for that post-workout boost, because they contain protein, clean carbohydrates and healthy fats. All the ingredients are whole foods, provide energy and help regulate and balance the body. Enjoy!
- ½ cup dates (no stones)
- 1 cup almonds
- ½ cup walnuts
- ½ prunes
- 2 tbsp cacao powder or good quality cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp linseed (also known for its adaptogen properties)
- 2 LLS maca root capsules (opened)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp water
- 1 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- Put all the above ingredients into a food processor and blitz until the contents stick together.
- Now scoop into your hands and push them together and shape into balls!
They are good for up to 3 weeks in the refrigerator.
For an extra punch add some shredded coconut or goji berries.
Bag them, tag them and take them to your Crossfit gym. We guarantee happy faces when you hand these out post-workout!
And here are some other maca recipe ideas!