High in protein and healthy fats, these whole-food energy balls support healthy hormones, blood sugar balance, metabolism, as well as supporting skin, hair, nails and joints. Many energy balls are high in sugar, but ours contain a perfect balance of plant-based fats and proteins, along with collagen, which is an easy-to-digest protein, and a delicious way to keep sugar cravings at bay. These snacks are perfect post-workout, as a healthy dessert, or as a wholesome metabolism-boosting treat any time of day.
The benefits of our energy ball ingredients:
- Almond butter: Almonds are high in vitamin E, which is beneficial for skin health, a strong immune system, as well as a healthy reproductive system. Vitamin E is also fat-soluble, so consuming it in a natural form from almonds and within this recipe is a great way to ensure your body is able to absorb the nutrients it needs.
- Shredded coconut: A great source of healthy fats, coconut is especially high in manganese, which is essential for bone health and metabolism. Consuming enough fat also helps curb cravings.
- MCT oil: Our MCT oil is high strength, with a high 99.8% purity. MCT oil increases energy levels quickly, boosts metabolism, heightens cognitive function and enhances athletic endurance too. The versatile oil is often used in coffee, but it’s incredibly versatile and works well in many other recipes.
- Dates: High in fibre, dates are a natural way to keep the digestive system working well, and help keep you ‘regular’ too. Dates are also high in antioxidants, which help protect and repair cells from damage.
- Sunflower seeds: Another ingredient high in vitamin E, the consumption of sunflower seeds is also linked to lower rates of cardiovascular disease, a decrease in high cholesterol, and a reduction in high blood pressure too.
- Chocolate orange collagen peptides: This delicious form of collagen helps maintain and improve the health of hair, skin, nails, and joints. Collagen is also great for metabolism and gut health, and as the body’s own production of collagen slows after age 20, most people benefit from supplementing with it. Learn more about collagen peptides here.
- Celtic sea salt: This type of salt is incredibly high in minerals that the body needs in order to thrive. Celtic sea salt can also help balance blood sugar, improve brain function, balance electrolyte levels, improve hydration, and relax the nervous system.
Combined, these ingredients are a powerhouse of nutrients to support your body and brain. These energy balls are way more than just ‘energising’; they’re supportive of your overall health and wellbeing, so make yourself a batch and enjoy ASAP! This recipe makes around 12-15 balls, which can be kept in the fridge for around 5 days (if they last that long!)
(makes 12-15 balls)
- 4 tbsp almond butter
- 2 tbsp MCT oil
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup dates, stones removed
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 scoop chocolate orange collagen peptides
- Pinch of Celtic sea salt
- Soak the dates in a cup of warm water for 10 mins to soften them before using
- Once soaked, drain the dates, then add all ingredients to a food processor
- Pulse ingredients to create a thick doughy consistency
- Using slightly damp hands, roll the mixture into golf-ball sized balls
- Place in the fridge for 20 minutes to set