These healthy Christmas snacks are incredibly light, high in protein and low in calories, and are an ideal alternative healthy Christmas treat amidst a season of heavy festive food. With only 5 ingredients and minimal prep time, these Christmas cookies contain zero sugar and are high in protein, so your blood sugar will stay balanced, and your cravings suitably curbed.
Let’s take a closer look at the ingredients in these coconut meringue cookies:
High in protein and amino acids, egg whites help build and maintain muscle mass, improve bone density and even improve brain function. Egg whites also contain B vitamins, which are vital for improving energy levels, skin health, metabolism, nervous system function, stress tolerance, and hormone balance.
Stevia comes from the leaf of the stevia plant, contains zero calories and is a healthy and natural sugar alternative that won’t spike your blood sugar.
Coconuts are high in MCTs (medium-chain-triglycerides) which are a group of healthy fats that help improve metabolism and brain function. High in bone-building manganese and energy-boosting copper and iron, coconut is one of the healthiest foods on the planet.
Usually used as a simple way to add delicious flavour to desserts, vanilla extract also contains other surprising health benefits, such as being anti-inflammatory, high in antioxidants, with an ability to reduce blood sugar and anxiety too.
The benefits of collagen peptides include improving muscle mass and bone density, enhancing skin health and elasticity, improving gut health, strengthening joints, hair and nails, and reducing the overall appearance of ageing. The body’s own production of collagen decreases after age 20, so anyone who wants to stay active and reduce the appearance of ageing should consider adding this valuable and versatile powder to your supplement stack. Our vanilla collagen peptides can be added to baking, and mixed into hot and cold drinks.
(makes roughly 8 meringue cookies)
- Whites of 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp powdered stevia
- 1 scoop LLS vanilla collagen peptides
- 4 tbsp shredded coconut
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- Pre-heat the oven to 110C and line a large baking tray with parchment paper
- In a large bowl, use a hand mixer to whip the egg whites
- Gradually add the stevia, collagen peptides and vanilla extract little by little
- Continue mixing until stiff peaks form
- Gently fold in the shredded coconut
- Scoop out large table spoons of the mixture and gently space out on the baking tray
- Bake in the oven for roughly 1 hour without opening the oven door
- Turn off the oven and leave the cookies to cool
Store in a sealed container and consume within 4 days