It’s no secret: vitamins are trusted allies that keep you healthy and energised. But did you know that Vitamin D3 and K2 are some of the most important vitamins your body can get? Their unique roles are crucial to your overall well-being.
For example, Vitamin D3 is more than just a bone booster; it also has a say in your mood and immune system. Likewise, Vitamin K2 supports your bones and proper blood flow.
Certain foods provide Vitamin D3 and K2 — including fatty fish and fermented foods. However, dietary preferences, seasonal changes, and modern food processing methods sometimes mean you can’t get enough from your diet alone. Occasionally, your body needs a bit of a boost.
That’s where our unique blend comes in. In this guide, we'll introduce you to our Vitamin D3 + K2Vital blend. We’ll also unravel the ins and outs of Vitamin D3 and K2, explore how they perfectly complement each other, and more.
Vitamin D3 + K2 — The Benefits (And Why You Should Supplement Them)
Both Vitamin D3 and K2 play pivotal roles in your health and come with various benefits:
- Vitamin K2 ensures calcium is directed away from your arteries and into your bones. It's great for better heart health and proper blood flow .
What’s more? If you take Vitamin D3 and K2 together, the benefits are amplified. Here’s how:
Vitamin D3 helps you absorb calcium from your intestines . But once your body has absorbed the calcium, Vitamin K2 directs it to the bones and teeth where it's needed most, ensuring your skeletal system remains strong and healthy .
This was proven in a study published in the Journal of the American Heart Association. The study found individuals who consumed higher amounts of vitamin K2 had a 14% reduced risk of hospitalisation due to cardiovascular issues related to artery blockage compared to those with lower intakes.
As many people don’t get enough vitamins naturally (especially during autumn and winter) supplementing is ideal. Even more so if you’re one of the following:
- Sun-deprived individual: In places with limited sunlight exposure, your skin produces less Vitamin D. This makes supplementation with Vitamin D3 super important.
- People with dietary restrictions: If you aren't eating foods rich in these vitamins (such as eggs or spinach), supplements can help fill the gap.
- Post-menopausal women: If you’re in post-menopause, hormonal changes can affect your bone density. D3 and K2 together support bone health during this transition .
- Individuals seeking enhanced well-being: Those proactive about health will find supplementing D3 and K2 beneficial.
Important note: Even if you fall into one of these categories, it's important to tailor your health choices to your unique situation. Always consult with a healthcare professional before introducing a new supplement into your routine. They can offer insights specific to your needs.
Natural Sources of Vitamin D3 & K2 (And Their Challenges)
Vitamin D3 and K2 can be found in various natural sources.
- Vitamin D3: Sunlight is the most natural and abundant source of Vitamin D3. When your skin is exposed to UVB rays, it produces Vitamin D3. Aside from sun exposure, dietary sources like fatty fish (salmon, mackerel, and sardines), egg yolks, and fortified foods can also contribute to your D3 intake.
- Vitamin K2: Fermented foods, such as natto (a Japanese soybean dish), sauerkraut, and some cheeses are rich in K2. Certain meats and eggs can also provide smaller amounts.
This table has the full breakdown:
Vitamin D3 Natural Source
Vitamin K2 Natural Source
Natto (fermented soybeans)
Fatty fish (like Salmon)
Cheese (specific cheese like Gouda)
Chicken (dark meat)
Fortified dairy products (such as milk)
Mushrooms (specific types like UV-exposed portabella mushrooms)
Traditional fermented foods (wheats, grains etc)
You can get all of these naturally, but several factors make it challenging to obtain the optimal amounts. Such as:
- Food processing: Modern food processing methods can reduce the vitamin content in foods, meaning even if you're consuming the right foods, you might not be getting their full benefit.
- Absorption issues: Even when consumed, not all the Vitamin D3 and K2 from food sources are effectively absorbed by the body.
With all that said, supplementation is the best way to ensure consistent and optimal vitamin intake. Especially if using our Vitamin D3 + K2Vital supplements. Let’s explore why.
Unpacking the Power Combo: Vitamin D3 + K2 (K2VITAL)
Harnessing the power of both Vitamin D3 and K2 in one supplement is the best way to get the best vitamin intake. Our unique blend combines Vitamin D3 with K2Vital — providing the best balance for your body's needs so you can enjoy the maximum benefits.
Quick fact: K2Vital is a premium and highly stable form of Vitamin K2, lab-tested to ensure optimal efficacy and purity for better health support.
However, to go a step further and enhance the absorption and benefits of these vitamins, we've also chosen to blend them with Medium Chain Triglyceride (MCT) Powder.
Medium Chain Triglycerides (MCTs) are a type of fatty acid that is more easily digested and absorbed by the body compared to the more common long-chain triglycerides found in most foods. The addition of MCTs to supplements can offer a few benefits:
- Improved absorption: MCTs can aid in the absorption of fat-soluble vitamins, such as Vitamin D3 and K2 .
- Quick energy source: MCTs are rapidly broken down and absorbed, making them a quick source of energy for your body. This is particularly beneficial for people on specific diets (like the ketogenic diet) .
- Digestive health: Some people experience digestive discomfort with certain supplements, but MCTs can be gentler on the stomach, making the supplement easier to digest for some individuals .
So, blending Vitamin D3 and K2 with MCT Powder enhances the absorption and effectiveness of the vitamins while also offering additional health benefits.
If that’s not enough, with 60 veggie capsules in a bottle, you have a 60-day supply, making it an ideal choice whether you’re looking to correct a Vitamin D/K2 deficiency or simply want to improve your overall health. Here’s a quick guide on how to take the supplements.
Guide to Supplementation with Vitamin D3 + K2Vital (It’s Easy!)
- Dosage: Aim for one capsule a day, though always take into consideration advice from your healthcare professional.
- Storage: Keep your capsules away from direct sunlight and store them in a cool, dry spot.
- Precautions: Supplements should compliment, not replace, a healthy diet and lifestyle. Always discuss supplementing with your GP, especially if you're on medication or have medical conditions.
- Side-effects: They're rare, but if you notice anything unusual, stop taking the supplement and reach out to your healthcare provider.
Remember, while supplements are a fantastic way to boost your health, it's crucial to use them in conjunction with a balanced lifestyle.
Health Nuts: Start Your Love Life Journey Today
Understanding the synergy between Vitamin D3 and K2 is a game changer for your health. At Love Life Supplements, our journey started with a simple belief: we can make a difference in the world of supplements.
If you're curious to learn more about healthy living, we're always sharing insights.
Subscribe to our newsletter for fresh health tips, product updates, and more. You can also check out our blog to see similar guides — perfect for health nuts.
THE CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS NOT DESIGNED TO SERVE AS, NOR SHOULD IT BE INTERPRETED AS MEDICAL GUIDANCE. ALL HEALTH AND NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION HEREIN IS SOLELY FOR EDUCATIONAL AND INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES. THIS INFORMATION DOES NOT REPLACE PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL EVALUATION OR TREATMENT. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PERSONAL HEALTHCARE PROVIDER FOR SPECIFIC MEDICAL COUNSEL.