Essential amino acids (EAAs) are the building blocks of protein. They’re ‘essential’ because the body can’t synthesise them itself, and they must be obtained through diet or supplementation. It can be difficult to eat enough high-quality protein to give your body the optimum amount of EAAs, especially if you’re active, recovering from injury, or want to stay active as you age.
EAAs support metabolism, protein muscle synthesis, workout recovery, bone density, hormone balance, mental focus and sleep. This recipe combines the benefits of all 9 essential amino acids from the Apple & Kiwi flavour Love Life Supplements Essential Aminos Drink, with the benefits of gelatine. Gelatine is high in glycine, an amino acid that your body uses to create proteins and stimulate the production of collagen for hair, skin and joint health. Gelatine also enhances muscle and gut health, improves sleep, as well as being a powerful antioxidant and a key component in detoxification.
Use these low-carb gummies to support both activity and rest; take 2 before a workout to support muscle building, and 2 before bed to support your sleep.
(makes roughly 16 gummies.)
- ½ cup filtered water (you could also use coconut milk for a higher fat content)
- 2 Scoops Love Life Supplements Apple & Kiwi Essential Aminos Drink
- 2 tbsp powdered gelatine
- In a large pan, add the water, and gelatine. Leave the gelatine to ‘bloom’ for 5 to 10 minutes
- Add the Essential Aminos, then very gently turn on the heat to dissolve everything whilst stirring continuously for a couple of minutes
- Be sure not to boil!
- Once heated and dissolved, pour the liquid into silicone moulds, and leave to set
- At room temperature, the gummies will set overnight. Left in the fridge, they’ll set in an hour or so
- Store in the fridge and consume within a week